Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DIGISTAMPS4JOY NEW CHALLENGE : "RECYCLE IT"



Yesterday started off really badly – I woke up with no strength at all in my right thumb, my neck was really sore and I needed to start wearing a foam collar for the pinched nerve in my neck. It was a really hot day 35˚C with a really hot dry wind blowing, making me really uncomfortable and irritable. Then last night our electricity went off at 8.05 due to a blown substation in the area – and now 16 and a half hours later, …… we have (the) power …. Yippee!
So that is the reason why my blog post for the new Digistamps4Joy challenge is late. Luckily, those of you who have been to the Digistamps4Joy Challenge blog have already seen my project in the “Recycle It!” challenge.
I decided to recycle one of those old VHS video Tape boxes and made a “Shopping List for Granny”, using the “fashion faux pas” digistamp from the Digistamps4Joy store. To create the background, I used a couple of old cash register receipts and the glue I used caused the thermopaper of the receipts to turn black, but what a fortunate mishap – it looks great! I also used the handbag digi (not yet in the store) and matted both of them, as well as the label on red and blue cardstock, and added a couple of flowers and a heart as embellishments.
Inside the video tape box, which conveniently has a place where the tape is secured, I placed the shopping lists, which were made by scanning the digistamps from the cover of the box, and adding a few lines for the listed items that granny needs to buy at the store.
This project has turned out really great, and I think it will be a lovely little gift for my mom-in-law when we visit her in the retirement home this coming weekend.
I hope you are inspired by this ‘recycled’ project and you may come up with an idea for all those VHS tape boxes you still have at home …

4 comments:

  1. Of course, I think this is such a clever idea. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea, maybe when I have replaced my VHS for dvd I can use them for stuff like this! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to cool Jen! Most of all I love the quote by Emma Bombeck, I can almost hear her saying it too. Great job on recycling an item!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vhs boxes are also great for keeping all your little scraps of paper (up to A5 size) in, cos on the outside you can use a piece of coloured paper to show the colour range that is inside the box, and then you can stack them and they are easy to see.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!