Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, November 7, 2010

DANCE FOR JOY!!!!



Please excuse me - I am still on a high from my trip to Cape Town for the International Oriental Dance Festival last weekend! While there, I created this digi-image I called "For Joy" - and the paisley design in her hair shows the influence, as my friend Mel remarked. Mel digitized her and Joy is now the freebie for November in the Digistamps 4 Joy group.

Here she is, as I coloured her, using the vibrant turquoises, lilacs, golds and yellows. I sewed on some sequins in the paisley centres to add the bling factor - as I felt the image was busy enough on its own.

This card will be my entry for the Week 1 challenge in Card Corner in Simply Scrtappy Crafts, where I picked up on the word "joy" on the inspiration card.

If you would like to own the "For Joy" digi and view the rest of the fabulous digi's in the Digistamps 4 Joy online store ... click here
If you would like to join in the challenge in Card Corner... click here

4 comments:

  1. Jen this is just so super, I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen, your card is stunning and what a fantastic image! I love the paisley design and the beautiful colours :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy is wonderful! =)
    Did you pick up your award and surprise here:
    http://www.metrobloggen.se/jsp/public/permalink.jsp?article=19.15688012
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning - it is art - You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!