Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, January 30, 2011

A NEW CHALLENGE FOR NETTIE G'S ...

Today sees the start of a new challenge on Nettie G's challenge blog, and the introduction of new member on their design team. Congratulations, Laura, I will soon be off to check out your blog.

Last year, Nettie G designed a Christmas Tree image, which she named Christmas Sewing Tree, which, as you well know, is just up my street. I entered the challenge and won, for which I really greatful! This is the card that I entered :


And then imagine my surprise when last week Nettie and Chris (one of her DT ladies) requested that I be their Guest Designer for the next two weeks, and the image that they wanted me to work with was one that was designed with ME in mind. Now how could I refuse an honour like that?

And what a beautiful image it is too .... here is the card made with "JenLee's Sewing Heart"

I printed the image on a linen weave cardstock as it isn't smooth, but the texture of fine linen. I coloured with my regular and watercolour pencils and OMS, using my own technique which gives almost flawless blending.

All the embellishments are sewn on, including the flower, ribbon and gold braid. I am very pleased with the outcome, and the way the colouring picked up the texture of the board.

Here are some handy links for you...

I would love it if you popped over to the Challenge Blog at Nettie G's and entered as well. I am sure the prize is well worth it, as Nettie's images are just great.

Happy crafting!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on our GD spot. Your Cchristmas tree is lovely, but this card is stunning. Will hop on over and have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wat een leuke en mooie kaarten heb je gemaakt jen.

    groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!