Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MIDNIGHT ADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE#113

Just wanted to let you know that over at CDAC they have some really cool Swaps going on over there. Just posted: A Mini Album with Digi Stamps Swap. Always have a ton of fun going on.
This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"
 Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC113 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is..
Photobucket
 This week's sponsor is Simon Says Stamp. One random winner will win a $20 Gift voucher to their fabulous store. Be sure to stop by and check out all their wonderful crafting products.
Thank you so much for your wonderful prizes this week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our July Monthly sponsor is....
Petaloo 
Be sure to check out the DT projects made with Petaloo flowers.
Click HERE to see the monthly prize details!

I have two creations to show you this week. The first is a little wall plaque using Petaloo flowers that I coloured using food colouring. I altered the artist's canvas that I bought from the Crazy Store (our South African equivalent to a dollar store). It has a cute duck image on it, but I covered that with some well aimed spray paint. I covered the canvas with some hand-made paper, and stitched on a piece of a vintage lace collar, and added the sprig of Petaloo flowers. As extra embellishments I used a metal disc (part of el-cheapo earrings) and three glass pebbles.

My second creation is a card made according to the MMSC sketch for this week, and, once again, Petaloo flowers coloured using food colouring. The DP's are gift wrap that is just fabulous ... images of bicycles and motor cards, cogs, and all the wonderful inspirational words. The coordinating roll has no images, just the
words. It matched my chippie bicycle perfectly

Did you enter the Petaloo challenge on their blog? The winners will be posted on their blog on July 27 - Good Luck!

Love and hugs
Jen

2 comments:

  1. prachtige kaarten jen, heel mooi gestempeld en gemaakt.

    groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jen ... both creations are AWESOME & AMAZING! LOVE the altered canvas ... that lace piece really brings extra softness to the flowers ... just beautiful! And the card is FABULOUS!! Love all the details ... What an inspiration you are to me girlfriend ... FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!