Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, July 26, 2011

MIDNIGHT MADNESS CHALLENGE #114

Did you know that over at CDAC they have NEW Progressive Challenges Starting!  Vintage ATC Swap OPEN for sign ups and an awesome Mini Paper Bag Album Swap Open for sign ups. 
You still have plenty of time so head on over and check it out today!
This week we must say good bye to one of our long time DT members. Lovely Linda has had some doors open up for her in the crafting world and has had to step down from the MMDT. Linda has been playing the MMDT since the very beginning and has been a huge supporter of our players. We wish her all the best in her new endeavours and will miss her very much!!!
Would you like to be a part of these teams? We always have a look out for some talented crafters. Not only for the Midnight Madness DT, the "priscillastyles" DT but the CDAC Dream Team. So if you are interested in taking a super fun journey with some very talented crafters, we want to hear from you.
Email me at heatonup@verizon.net with your information!
This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"
Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC114 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is..
Stamp and Create and is offering a $25.00 gift certificate.
Stamp and Create is an on-line store carrying many popular brands of stamps, paper, and embellishments including: Wags ‘n Whiskers Rubber Stamps, High Hopes Stamps, Sweet Pea, CC Designs, Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps, Whiff of Joy, Stampavie, Penny Black, The Greeting Farm, Basic Grey, 7 Gypsies, Shimmerz, Nestabilities (always 20% off!!), charms and more!! Lacey is always adding new items to the store…so check it out at www.stampandcreate.com
Thanks Lacey for your wonderful prize this week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our July Monthly sponsor is....
Petaloo 
Be sure to check out the DT projects made with Petaloo flowers.
Click HERE to see the monthly prize details!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is this week's Sketch and my creations:


For my Petaloo "Color Me Crazy: project I covered a mini photo album using dark blue handmade paper and decorated using some die cuts, and some Petaloo paper wild roses that I coloured with a little fabric dye left over from a tie die project I made the day before. Isn't that a pretty pale blue?


The image on my card is from the Priscillastyles store, and was Copics-coloured. The jar was double heat embossed using UTEE to which I added a little crystal sparkle powdered glitter. Because it is such a girl image I added lots of roses that I sewed on to secure them to the card. The die cut is from Nellie's Choice and I sewed on the sequins and beads. The DP was matted onto white cardstock which I fussy cut by hand.

There are some fabulous prizes to be won so why don't you enter a creation for this week's challenge too?

There are some fabulous new images in the Priscillastyles store that would be just perfect for this sketch so pop in over by clicking HERE

luv n huggz
Jen - in a very cold and wet South Africa

1 comment:

  1. This card is fabulous and so joyful, Jen. I love the flower 'garden' growing up one side of the image and the addition of crystal dragonflies. Your coloring is amazing. I wish I could learn how to do hair like that.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!