Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, July 15, 2011

PATTIE'S CREATIONS DESIGN CHALLENGE #26 : GLITTER AND BLING

Welcome to Challenge #26, where our theme is GLITTER OR BLING!
JUST REMEMBER, if you use an image from Pattie's Creations, you will get an extra entry to win!

Here is my creation, and I used one of Patties latest images called "Vintage Wedding Dress"

Instead of making a wedding card, I used the image to make a 21st birthday card, one of my recent orders. I have since added the name "GUGU" to the card, and the digits "21" and the client was really happy (phew!)

The image was coloured using Copics and I added a little glitter glue, a South African brand called "Skwiglues" to introduce a little sparkle. The embellishments I added by sewing them on, are:
- a string of pearls for a necklace
- a double layer (1 layer satin and one layer polka dot organza)
- a metal key charm
- a pearl buckle
- a pink crystal bead swirl
- some crystal flower rhinestones

I'd love to see what you create using GLITTER & BLING!

JUST REMEMBER, if you use an image from Pattie's Creations, you will get an extra entry to win!

Stop over at her Etsy Store and browse around. There are FREEBIES too.
The challenge starts now and ends Thursday, June 6TH at 1PM CST (Central Standard Time).

Here are some useful links :

To enter This challenge ... click HERE
To go to Pattie's Store .... click HERE
To join the Pattie's Creations group on CDAC ... click HERE

luv n huggz
Jen

3 comments:

  1. Jen, your creation is breathtaking! How could you have any doubt that your client would like it? She couldn't help but LOVE it. I can't believe you sewed all those beads on. You are quite the artist, Jen. Simply stunning creation.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen! I don't know where to start because I LOVE EVERYTHING about this! Beautiful depth and dimension, just stunning.
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, This is amazing! I love what you did with my new image "Vintage Wedding Dress". The colors are super and all that BLING!!!

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!