Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, December 16, 2012

SUNDAY'S CAS CHALLENGE AT THE OUTLAWZ



This week's CAS challenge is to create a CAS card or project that has a present/gift on it.

Here is what I made :


It's a gift card/money holder folder.  I used gold and white patterned DP, two lengths of stick on gold trim, and an offcut of gold CS that was embossed using a Cuttlebug folder.  Some gems were stick on the ends of the flourishes.

On the inside of the card there is another gift - actually I cut the whole card out of one piece of cardstock so that it has two folds, one on the left hand side, and one at the top, so that you can lift up the gift to reveal a hidden pocket contain a GC or some money hidden behind it :


Here is a close up of the 'gift' flap:



Unfortunately there is no tutorial or template for this card - I payed around with some shapes and folds and this is what I came up with.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges too:



luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jen this is beautiful. Love the rich colours and fab idea - as always. Thanks for joining us over at Eclectic Ellapu this time. I love your work as you already know hun
    Elaine aka Ellapu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and so beautiful! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so different and I'm sure will be happily received. Thanks for joining us at ATCs/Cards with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the coolest design. Love the secret compartment and all of the gold. Gold and red look so elegant and festive together. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Eclectic Ellapu. Great results from your "playing around" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creation. Thanks for joining us at Fat Pages and Cards with Attitude.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card. Love the gold that you added. Thanks for joining us at the CMC Copic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenn, So pretty, just beautiful. Thanks so much for Joining us at Color Me Creative. Love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge. Hope to see you next time.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!