Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, January 17, 2013

BUGABOO STAMPS' THIRD BIRTHDAY BASH :: THURSDAY CHALLENGE




BUGABOO STAMPS' THIRD BIRTHDAY BASH :: THURSDAY CHALLENGE
BUGABOO STAMPS' THIRD BIRTHDAY BASH :: THURSDAY CHALLENGE
BUGABOO STAMPS' THIRD BIRTHDAY BASH :: THURSDAY CHALLENGE

Try saying that, very fast, three times in a row!!!

I know I can't!

Well, today being Thursday, we have another challenge in our week-long celebrations!   Today in honor of our Birthday Theme we decide to do a masculine theme and this is my inspiration for you:



My card features the Bugaboo image Guy - Surf that I coloured using alcohol markers and a white gel pen.  His sunglasses have been given the Glossy Accents treatment, and the waves lapping at his feet have been covered in Stickles.


I used stick-ons for the sentiment and "21".  The background is from a free image I found on the internet. 
 I made this card for a friend who needed a 21st birthday card for a young man who is celebrating his 21st birthday with an Hawaiian- themed party.  It's simply the perfect theme for a party in Durban at this time of year - phew, is it hot and humid here at the moment!

 I hope you are able to join us for the last few two days of our challenges!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
FOR YOUR INSPIRATION, #38, I translated the colour of the trees into the colour of the sky on my card
CRAFTING BY DESIGNS, USE ALCOHOL MARKERS (I used Copics and Spectrum Noir)


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

13 comments:

  1. Oooh...I love this Jen! I wish our weather here was swimming and surf weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a 'cool' creation Jen! Love that beachy photo .. {sigh} wish I were there right about now ... it's only going to be in the 'teens' as a high next week! Sure could use a little sunshine. I know! You have a lot of it ... ship some my way! LOL!
    This is an awesome creation! Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us! HUGS from OHIO, USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, this is really cute! You're surfer is really cute too... Thanks for joining us at CDAC's Seasonal Fun Challenge...

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool card! LOVE the use of the sunset photo and your fabulous digi! Thank you so much for joining us at FYI! I hope you join us at Inkspirational and Technique Tuesday as well! I'd love to see what you make for those challenges! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Lovely card! It's very hot, humid and windy where I am, just can't stand the heat so I think I need to borrow that surfboard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect image for that beautiful landscape photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Cool Jen, Love the surfer card. I hear it is REALLY HOT in your neck of the woods these days. Lovely coloring and great backdrop for this image. Thanks for playing CDAC challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect image with that gorgeous bg. Thanks for joining in at FYI

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great image Jen and perfect use of the colors in the photo. Thanks for playing this week at FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun scene! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun scene - great coloring! Thanks for playing at FYI!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You scene is so cool. Love the surfer!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!