Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, January 9, 2013

SO IT'S WEDNESDAY ....

What's so special about a Wednesday then?

a couple of sayings come to mind:
Hump Day
it's all downhill from here
boyz night off
girlz night out
sliding towards the weekend 

Yes, but what is so special about Wednesday, 9 January .... well, it's Balloon Ascension Day!

At 10 a.m. on the morning of January 9, 1793, history was made in American skies. 

Jean Pierre Blanchard (handsome chap!) 

made the first aerial trip in a hot air balloon. EveryJanuary 9th, Americans will commemorate that day 218 years ago when the Frenchman took to the skies from Walnut Street Prison in Philadelphia, the nation's capital at the time.

HUMOR ME WEDNESDAY 
at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog,  is certainly another reason to love Wednesdays as we get to share a funny/punny project with you.  Today it's my turn - here is a birthday card I made using Scene It - Ladybug Birthday from the Bugaboo store.


Don't you feel the pain of the little ladybug at the bottom of the stack? LOL!!!
I coloured the card using Spectrum Noir markers, and added Stickles for a bit of birthday bling:

I created a little speech bubble in MS word for the sentiment :


For the rest of my card, I used the following from my stash

- white CS card base
diagonal striped DP offcut (this was perhaps one of the OLDEST offcuts in my stash as I think I bought it about 6 years ago!) - I inked the edges
black CS card mat
stick on sentiment border - matted on black CS

Click HERE to check out the Catch the Bug blog for more Humor Me Wednesday inspiration.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges: 

USE IT TUESDAY, #47, MAKE IT SPARKLE (the Stickles bottle is a really old one and I need to scrape it out with a skewer!)


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

7 comments:

  1. This is marvelous, Jen! Love the bright, bold colors, the pretty glitter and shine, and the funny sentiment! Yep, that Jean Pierre Blanchard....he's a real "looker"! lol! Okay.........maybe not so much! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Fabulous image and beautifully coloured.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation, Love the colors! Thank you for playing along this week at “Creative Creations”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow such vivid colors...

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Creations Challenge Blog ( Anything goes) Good luck and hope to see you for our next challenge
    Veronica DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! A great image and I love the bright colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely birthdaycard! I really like these bright colours. Thanks for joining Ooh La Las birthdaychallenge. Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy and colorful card, love to see the use of stickles. I must have some bottles laying around somewhere... :-)
    Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!