Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, May 31, 2013

ANYTHING GOES WITH AN (OPTIONAL) CHRISTMAS TWIST


ANYTHING GOES
(with an optional Christmas twist)

...but remember - you must use Copics or another brand of alcohol markers as your colouring medium.

Here is my inspiration for you:


My card features a Ricvk St Dennis image called Esmeralda 2 - Jaleo, available in the Rick St Dennis Etsy store here.  She is just lovely to colour as there is lots of detail and texture, and so much scope for different colour palettes!  Here is a view of the image up close:


I added details with a white gel pen.

To make up my card I used the following from my stash:

white CS card base
deep red CS background
deep turquoise CS background
white/lilac glittered DP
deep red CS card mat
lilac CS card mat

I sewed on sequins beads in hand-drawn swirl shapes and hand beaded an offcut of gold trim :


the layered silk and paper flowers have fancy flat back pearl centres that have been Copics coloured to match the flowers:


(the pearls and paper flowers are available from BLUEBERRY BEAR)

The challenge is  great opportunity to get a head start on those Christmas cards, but if you feel my is too soon to start, please join us and enter your ANYTHING GOES project!

Click HERE to link to the challenge

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenge:


JUST INSPIRATIONAL, #1, PHOTO INSPIRATION (I USED THE COLOURS RED AND PURPLE)
USE IT TUESDAYS, #56, ANYTHING GOES (HOARDED SUPPLIES RAIDED FOR RIBBON, BRAID, BEADS, SEQUINS, DP OFFCUT)



11 comments:

  1. That is one great image you used! Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Jen...
    love your coloring and the way you colored your paper flowers...your Esmeralda is stunning...
    thanks for join us in Time4Scrap for this challenge...Hope see you soon...regards
    Lady/ DT-T4S

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific looking card. It is so colourful and full of loveliness. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jan ,what a super card, I adore the images by Rick St Dennis, you have coloured this beautifully .
    Thank you for joining us at our :
    "Through The Craft Room Door" Challenge this time and good luck.
    Hugs Elaine DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Jen! Fantastic coloring of the beautiful image and gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one stunning creation. I love it! Your colors that you picked to work with are so lucious!
    Hugs,
    Aletha Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen! Beautiful coloring!! And I love your hand beading so awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, fabulous and colourful card,
    thanks for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful, vibrant card! Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting card! Thanks for using your stasha nd playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Craft Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!