Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, May 5, 2013

RICK ST DENNIS - "SPANGLES"

I am very honoured to have been invited to join Rick St Dennis' Elite Design Team (EDT) and will be contributing to the SPARKLE AND GLITTER blog!


I am so excited - have you seen the fabulous images in the Rick St Dennis Etsy shoppe?  As an introduction, I was given an unreleased image to introduce to you, called Spangles, and I was asked to add some bling ... and so I added bling, and more bling ... and then some more until I got this:


Isn't she gorgeous!  It's just the kind of detailed image with intricate design that I love to tackle with my Copics and white gel pen. Here is a closer view of  Spangles:

To create my project I used the following:
white CS card base
lilac print DP
oyster embossed paper diecut (only visible behind the purple organza ribbon)
purple glittered foam diecut
gold laser cut sequins and beads
pink glitter flower with sequin and gold bead centre
gold braid with bugle bead embellishments
pink gems
purple glitter embossed organza ribbon

I made my own 'flower' :

First, I punched a circle out of a piece of scrap gold CS.  Around the border I stuck a pair of pink feather false eyelashes that I bought at the Chinese Wholesaler.  On top of those I stuck down another pair of false eyelashes, this time they were pink lurex fringe type ones.  To hide the borders of the eyelashes I added a circle of gold beads, and in the very centre there is a gold laser cut cup sequin, a pink sequin and a gold bead.  

Here is a side view showing the dimension of my project:

It's a very ornately textured card and I am sure that everyone will want to touch all the different textures.  As I SEW on all my embellishments using the same ultra strong invisible thread that I use for the belly dance costumes that I make and bead, there is no danger that any of the embellishments will fall off!  Here's the back of the card before it was attached to the base card:


I hope that this project inspires you to pop over to the blog (psssst - I'll let you into a secret - "there's a freebie there!") and to the shoppe - both are super exciting, inspiring and filled with projects from my wonderfully talented fellow DT mates.

Thanks for enduring this long post - I hope it was worth reading all the way down to here!

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

365 CARDS, DAY 122, YOU USED WHAT? (yes I DID use false eyelashes – 2 pairs!)
2 SISTERS, BINGO BASH, #142, (EMBOSSING/PATTERNED PAPER/DIE CUTS OR PUNCHES)


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA










25 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jen! Fabulous job of coloring! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jen! You do a fabulous job with Rick's images! This card is gorgeous! Love the images and colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's pretty amazing! TFS at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jen! You are a fabulous designer and will be an outstanding contributor to Rick's team. Your project is just wonderful!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness! This is fabulous! Love all the bling and your sewing is wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the glitter!! Fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew!

    Mei
    CCC DT
    Love to Create DT
    Crazy Challenge DT
    Anyone for Anya DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW is there any bling left in your craftroom! I must admit the image chosen is just screaming out for bling:)
    Wonderful card. Thanks for participating in this months challenge at The Stamp Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of sequins, many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Jen on your new 'appointment' - well deserved! Your card is fabulous and I love all the bling, and only you would have thought of using false eyelashes on a card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. Your colouring of the image looks amazing. Love all the bling. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing sassy image, she is a superstar! Awesome colours and embellishment! Really suits the image and adds to the theme!

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Stamp Spot for the feminine challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is definitely Blinging!! - thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays "bling" challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful card and so much beautiful work to make it! Thanks so much for joining us again at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular, Jen! Loving all the glitz and glitter. Congrats on the new DT! You're going to be such an asset. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing project. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    pinky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jen,
    Very beautiful card! It is just stunning with all the bling! I love bling! Your work is always fabulous and look forward to all your posts!
    Darcy Schroeder

    ReplyDelete
  17. TOTALLY FABULOUS! What a diva! Love all the details! Thanks for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday challenge at Whimsical Designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, she really stands out! I love the bling and other embellishments :) Thanks for linking up to play along at The Stamp Spot. Jess D DT TSS

    ReplyDelete
  19. A quite delightful creation Jen and so beautifully put together.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful creation!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge!!
    Claire H xx
    EE DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card, Jen! That image is stunning and the colours you have used a fantastic :)
    Thanks for playing along with The Stamp Spot this month!

    Sandra
    TSS DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. o mine! False eye lashes! They look too fab on the card!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunner she is and lovely bright colours too, thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...amazing card!!! Thanks for joining us at
    Digistamps4Joy.
    Lynda (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great work Jen!! Thanks for playing with us this month at TCCCB!
    FYI: We have a DT Call going on right now! Be sure to check it out!! :)
    http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com/2013/05/tcccb-design-team-call.html
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!