Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, September 24, 2013

THE OUTLAWZ COLOUR CHALLENGE : 24 SEPTEMBER

Happy Heritage Day to my South African followers!

 

The colour challenge at The Outlawz comes with a fabulous inspiration pic, and that's what inspired me to play along for fun (I can't actually enter the challenges cos I am a DTeamie there)

This is the inspiration pic

 

and this is my vintage inspired card:

 As my startingpoint i used the wonderful image of the vintage rooster and sunflowers from Graphic 45 DP.  I added a little Copics colouring in the form of shadows, and a white gel pen for highlights.

Tomake up my card i used the following :

black CS card base
woodgrain DP
vintage lace with a metal clip and sun charm


To keep my lace in place I used the Hi Tack red double sided tape from BLUEBERRY BEAR  - I have great peace of mind when I use this cos I know that the lace won't start curling up and lifting off the DP within a few hours!

I created the vase for the sunflowers by splitting a long wooden bead and recolouring it with my new Graphi'It marker:

The sunflower are years and years old, and part of a big packet that I bought and hardly use!

 And lastly, I added a seam binding bow, attached with a twine tied vintage button:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vintage card, love the rooster image and those big sunflowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jen! Fabulous vintage design! That vase is a true show stopper! Very creative. Your design has wonderful depth and fabulous texture. The composition is top drawer, as well. Great use of the G45 French Country papers. Thanks for dropping this into our mailbox here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super...love the vintage feeling and all the detail!!!
    Happy Heritage day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very vintage! - thanks for joining in our Scraps & Stash challenge at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen, spied your beautful creation at MIM. Love G45 and that shadowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. Thank you for stopping by and playing with us at Mema's Crafts. Good luck in the challenge and visit often for those impromptu chances to win prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card and great post thanks for joining us at That Craft Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great vintage. Love that rooster. Your split bead was a good idea. Thanks for playing along with us at Unstampabelles for our current challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful colour combination. I love these papers, great design. Thanks for joining in at That Craft Place.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that is digging through your old stash - 40 year old bead. Very creative how you have used it too. Great card. Thanks for joining in our challenge this month at Unstampabelles - Scraps and Old Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful choice of colours and some really great embellishments! Thank you for sharing at Card Mania Challendges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card, love all the layers, great colours too!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!