Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, December 15, 2013

FOLDED CHEVRON CHRISTMAS CARD

Yesterday at the last meeting of 2013 of the Toti Creative Card Guild, I taught the members the folded chevron technique, and once the ladies had completed theirs, they each used it on a card.

I made a sample, a CAS Christmas card, so give them an idea on how the chevron embellishment could be used, but encouraged them to make something completely different.

An oh wow, some wonderful cards emerged, from Christmas cards, to birthday cards, even an amazing Valentine's card.

This is my sample:


This what the chevron-embellishment with a red cord and bow, and gold gems, looks like, close-up:



The chevron was pasted onto white CS, matted onto red CS, and added to a white CS base card onto which I had computer printed the sentiment.

I love the strong design on the card, and the fact that it took only 10 minutes to make is a bonus!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful CAS Christmas card, lovely colours.
    So glad you joined us for our 'Y' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge, hope to see you for the 'Z' for....
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a striking CAS card. Love the fact it's so simple yet it looks so effective. Thank you for the inspiration x Thank you for joining us over at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenge x

      CC&CC 

    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've used the ric rac and cord ...such a fab card. Thanks for joining our CAS challenge at LCI .... Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry - the 'ric-rac' is actually folder paper
      Jen

      Delete
  4. What a simple but very striking card.

    Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!