Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, February 17, 2014

SUPREME SCRAP AND CARD CHALLENGE, ROUND 2


My "Home" Atc got me through to Round #2, only just!  So, here I am, sharing what I made as my entry into Round #2.

The call was for:
strictly monochromatic palette, NO extra colours, 'not even a dot'
popup card
3D elements
no cutting machine may be used

I made a handbag style explosion box card :


I did some prick and stitch bead embroidery on the front flap:


The back has a pocket for a secret tag:


Can you see the faux stitching and buckle on the strap?

Once opened the card reveals its contents:



In the photograph above you can see all the lines scored using my much used Scor-Pal (how did I ever live without it?)


At the top of the card you can see the hand cut flowers (chinese roses, lilies and leaves) and sequin daisies) added to the two shades of lilac background DP:

I added a sentiment to the middle:



The bottom of the bag has a place for a handwritten message, decorated by another handcut, inked and embossed flower with a fancy pearl centre:



I hope that this card meets the requirements and that nothing disqualifies it!


Thanks for visiting me today!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add my project into the following challenges













22 comments:

  1. Love the fabulous handbag style explosion box. The gorgeous flowers inside were a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow this is just stunning and I love the handbag twist on the explosion box. Those rolled flowers are just to die for.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 800 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project, love the flowers, the shape of the handbag, the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! so intricate and beautiful, this must have taken ages and what a result! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happened to be on the Corrosive Challenge Blog and your gorgeous explosion purse caught my eye. AMAZING, Jen! I'm a huge fan of all of your work, but this is beyond fabulous and I just had to tell you. love, love, LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is beautiful, love the colours you have used. Thank you for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How stunning, so elegant and beautiful...

    Thank you for joining us at CraftyHands x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay.. this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! that embroidery is amazing!!! So intricate!! All those flowers.. great sentiment!! Wow!!! Good luck.. this is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing project! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing project! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks, I hope you will join us again soon!
    Tina - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!! This is such a beautiful card...so gorgeous & you have layered & adorned your artwork so well. Thanks for playing along at 4 Crafty Chicks with us.
    Debi - Guest Designer @ 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful handbag card! The colors are so rich and the flowers are fabulous! Thanks for playing in our "Flowers" challenge at More Than One Score at Scor-Pal and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is awesome and well-put together. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty and unique, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! Hope you join us again!

    sharla~dt :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful project with so many wonderful elements! Thanks for linking to the Dreamweaver challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous project. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Craft my life this month.

    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jen, your bag card is just fabulous!! Love that embroidery on the front as well! Thanks for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your box card!! Beautiful embellishment. I can tell you really put a lot of time and love into your card, thanks for joining our challenge at Scor-Pal

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo gorgeous! Can't believe you did all this cutting without a machine! You are really incredible!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic creation you made! I like all details :-))
    Thank you for playing along with us at "Crafty my life" and I hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great Idea and fabulous project! Thank you for joining Quicky Crafts this challlenge!!
    ((Lyn)) DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!