Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, August 27, 2014

TUTORIAL WEDNESDAY AT BUGABOO STAMPS

Today at the Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog it's Tutorial Wednesday, and I have an

EASY EASEL CARD TUTORIAL 

to share with you.

This is what your finished card will look like:


Here is the 'how-to'

Cut your cardstock to 4 inches x 11 inches.

Turn it to landscape orientation, and score at ....
 4 inches (mountain) … 5½ inches (valley) … 7 inches (mountain)

Use your bone folder to crisp up your folds, and your card should look like this:


Now you can go ahead and decorate the outside and inside of your card as you would for a conventional easel card, and remember to add your 'doorstop' so that your card doesn't slide closed (I have used a balloon diecut for this)

The Bugaboo image featured on my card is called Edward Elephant Present that I coloured using alcohol markers:


I hope you'll get a chance to try out this card fold - it's fun, as well as being quick and easy.

Thanks for popping by today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to enter the following challenges:



3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jen. This is a great idea. Your card is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen this is awesome! I've not done an easel card this way but LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘FANCY FOLD’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. That elephant is sooooo adorable. What an easy way to make an easel card. Thank you for sharing your directions for the card and for playing along with the Sisterhood's "Fancy Folds" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!